Design Director - Tart Collections
JD Fine & Company, a quintessential California clothing brand is seeking Design Director to join our team. At JD Fine & Company, we are building a team of smart, motivated people who are passionate about the Fashion Industry.
The Design Director drives the design development process, from concept to delivery, by supervising a team of designers to create original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, managing the timely execution of each stage in the process, and coordinating across categories to ensure consistent quality and look. This position is primarily responsible for overseeing and directing the Tart Collection line including sportswear, maternity, swim and plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sets overall direction in the conceptual development of product lines
- Consistently seeks out innovation
- Fully responsible for managing staff in all aspects of entire product design process to include market research, board creation, designing, sketching, specing and fit
- Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates staff
- Responsible for managing and providing creative direction to design staff
- Accountable for process improvement, growing business and seeking opportunities to positively affect division/company
- Responsible for ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; interprets international/domestic concepts and fashion trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy
- Oversees selection of fabric and trim
- Fully responsible for identifying and executing opportunities for process improvement through immediate staff members
- Provides overall recommendations and sets tone regarding style and fit of product(s) during presentation
- Ensures consistency of brand
- Works closely with Sales team and presents reps with new collections each season
- In-depth knowledge of design techniques and processes
- Excellent leadership/management skills
- Ability to set overall creative tone and lead creative design process
- Excellent sense of style and color
- Proven excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to deal with managerial issues (ie career development, performance management)
- College degree in Fashion Design or related field
- Minimum of ten to 15 years design experience including 5 years of managerial experience
- Frequent travel is required
JD Fine & Company was Founded by husband-and-wife team Jamie and Dana Finegold in 2004, the label specializes in sexy-cool tops, sleek jersey dresses, and sportswear essentials for lovers of laid-back chic. Tart launched with the goal of creating a timeless collection that would enhance a women’s natural radiance and confidence while transcending her from day to night with ease. Tart uses the highest quality fabrics and one-of-a-kind prints to create an effortlessly modern look inspired by the adventurous Northern California lifestyle. Every Tart piece is artfully designed to enable women to move fluidly from one of life’s experiences to the next. Headquartered in sunny Concord, California, the family-owned company constructs every pattern and piece at their in-house design studio. This ensures that every item strikes a harmonious balance between exceptional quality and impeccable design.
JD Fine & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Competitive Salary
- 401(K) plan w/match
- 9 paid company holidays
- Full medical, dental, and vision package to fit your needs
- Tart Clothing Employee Perks