JD Fine & Company - - Tart Collections, a quintessential California clothing brand is seeking a Technical Designer to join our team. At JD Fine & Company, we are building a team of smart, motivated people who are passionate about the Fashion Industry.
This position is responsible for creating first through Production Patterns along with Technical Sketches, Face Cards and Spec Sheets, using computer aided pattern making along with creative & technical draping. Works closely with all team members to guarantee timelines are being followed and met.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create first through Production Patterns along with Technical Sketches, Face Cards and Spec Sheets coinciding with every garment.
- Uses computer aided pattern making along with creative & technical draping.
- Measures and review fit samples from our in-house sample room and contracted factories both Domestic & Overseas.
- Conducts thorough fittings with Director of Technical Design and Head Designer to assure that each style is successfully executed.
- Relay all fit comments, sewing corrections, and/or design changes to the associated sample sewer or factory via telephone, Skype, email, or mail.
- Examine nest sets sent from factories to verify they are following the graded specs provided.
- Quality Control: responsible for maintaining quality-assurance processes, testing products, and recording and analyzing results data during product development and sample review.
- Works closely with every team member to guarantee all timelines are being followed and met.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or Certification in Apparel Manufacturing, Design, Patternmaking or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years in technical design is required
- Have worked with vendors to pinpoint the root issue of a garment problem and able to move forward to a resolution.
- Well versed in identifying and resolving fit issues.
- Strong knowledge of construction, including seam types, closures, finishes, trim application, impact of wash and wear, and production finishing.
- Understanding of fibers and fabrications.
- Knowledge of Quality Control.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office, sketching programs; Illustrator/Photoshop as well as PLM, PDM or other industry specification package experience
- Experience in using computer pattern programs, such as Optitex, ADS, Gerber, Lectra preferred
About Tart Collections:
WEST COAST COOL WITH A DOSE OF POOLSIDE GLAMOUR
Tart Collections is the quintessential California clothing brand. Founded by husband-and-wife team Jamie and Dana Finegold in 2004, the label specializes in sexy-cool tops, sleek jersey dresses, and sportswear essentials for lovers of laid-back chic. Tart launched with the goal of creating a timeless collection that would enhance a women’s natural radiance and confidence while transcending her from day to night with ease. Tart uses the highest quality fabrics and one-of-a-kind prints to create an effortlessly modern look inspired by the adventurous Northern California lifestyle. Every Tart piece is artfully designed to enable women to move fluidly from one of life’s experiences to the next. Headquartered in sunny Concord, California, the family-owned company constructs every pattern and piece at their in-house design studio. This ensures that every item strikes a harmonious balance between exceptional quality and impeccable design.
JD Fine & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Competitive Salary
- 401(K) plan w/match
- 9 paid company holidays
- Full medical, dental, and vision package to fit your needs
- Tart Clothing Employee Perks